Tuesday, August 29, 2017

The Doors - Other Voices (1971)

If you've ever wondered what the Doors would have sounded like without that goon Jim Morrison singing for them, here you go, the first of two albums they cut after he left the band. Most of this actually isn't half bad, but it should be no surprise that the vocals are the weakest link here. As much as it pains for me to say it, Jim Morrison really gave this band their identity and without him they're a perfectly listenable but generic rock band. "Ships With Sails" has some cool Allman Bros-style twin lead guitar vibes, though. Check that one out. I would also like to add that there is an absolutely terrible song on here titled "I'm Horny, I'm Stoned" with such brilliant couplets as: "I feel my mind is shaking out of place/I look like a truck ran over my face/The doctor says I'm not a hopeless case/I really want to join the human race".
https://open.spotify.com/album/6uhwVoXKDMzdXXjhTCH6Nk

No comments:

Post a Comment