Monday, September 18, 2017

Oasis - Don't Believe the Truth (2005)

As much as I loved the early Oasis records, I've never really bothered with their output after Be Here Now (which I will bravely state is not that bad, seriously!) until I decided to give this one a shot. This penultimate Oasis album is decent enough Britpop, perfectly respectable if not always memorable. Hey guess what, it sounds like Oasis! By this point, Noel Gallagher wasn't writing all the songs anymore but it's not like anyone would be able to tell. Even (ex-Ride dude) Andy Bell's songs are fully conformed to the ossified Oasis style. But hey if it ain't broke, don't fix it, I suppose. We're at least spared Oasis making pathetic attempts to stay relevant by, I don't know, going grime or something. While there are no surprises whatsoever, there is a mac & cheese-style comfort food feel to releases like this one.
https://open.spotify.com/album/17ey4RhKTF2sqtr88d6Qfg

No comments:

Post a Comment